Tuesday, August 14, 2007

updates

The good thing about the next few weeks is I only have to work two out of five of them at actual work. The bad thing is it seems like a strenuous schedule. I Will Survive (as sung by Cake, not by Gloria Gaynor).

* To Madison for the Ribberfest
* My birthday (the 21st)
* My mom's birthday weekend
* To L.A. Monday til Thursday
* Labor Day weekend with Joe Bonamassa in St. Mary's 9/1 and party chez moi 9/3
* WEEK OFF
* the Swamp
* Subdudes at the Ark
* To New York Sunday to Friday 9/16-21
* Fred Eaglesmith at the Ark 9/23
* Put in Bay 9/29
* Harvest Party 10/6
* New Orleans Oct 13-15 (maybe)

Last weekend, I went to see Rod's Collision at Nate and Wally's. I need a t-shirt that says Remember: Whiskey Leads to Dancing. That back outside bar of theirs is slick. I tried to get a cheeseburger at the Grill before I went but I apparently showed up during the "makin' the bacon" interlude and no cheeseburger was to be had. Fortunately, the Voodoo Barbecue was open and I got a chicken burrito which I ate in Nate and Wally's as I had already had several beers on Annie's porch. Then came the whiskey and dancing. No photographic evidence. Of dirty dancing with Jason Peslikis, for example.

Saturday, I was on the radio from 12:15 to 4 and then I had to recuperate. Watched The Commitments, a pretty good movie. Sunday, I mowed and weeded.

SOLD MY CAR! At last, the blue Civic is gone, and while I did not make out like a bandit, I sold it for a tidy sum more than I owed on it. Some guy looked at it first who chided me about the corrosion on the aluminum wheels, as if I had driven through acid baths, and because I had not hosed down the engine! Kee-rist. But does not offer any hold money or other promise. So the eventual buyer comes Friday night and writes me a check on the spot. And then the first guy has the nerve to call me and leave a message that starts "I don't think you treated my daughter fair" at which point I hit the delete button on my phone. He could have said "fairly."

Also reading Chuck Palahniuk's Stranger Than Fiction, which is. Chuck has a new book out in May so I just ordered it on half.com. Also read Mark Haddon's A Spot of Bother, which was as great as was his first book, "The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time."

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hello:

Imagine my surprise at finding a little entry concerning me! Well at least I've found your blog now, especially since I haven't seen you in a while. Some interesting stuff on there.

Jason :-D
p.s. feel free to send any items of interest to me: jasonp62@gmail.com