Tuesday, February 20, 2007

March next week

And we'll be done with my least favorite month, February. Being in the play is a good thing because it makes the time go by fast. And when the play is over, it'll be time to mow! The dates are March 23, 24, 30, 31 and April 1. It's at the FUM church out by Tim Horton's on E. Wooster.

Friday night, I stayed home and did laundry and got my affairs in order, as they say. Saturday, was a fun party at Ron and Deb's where Connie Donald and I lost immediately in the euchre tournament then I went on to lose several dollars playing poker while drinking a considerable portion of Doug's bottle of Scotch. A young, 8-year-old single malt. As Will Kimbrough says, "expensive liquors down the hatch." Man the food was fabulous, a smorgasbord of crockpots and snackies. Sunday, I felt rough. By Monday, I felt so rough, I decided I had the hit-by-a-truck flu and stayed home from work Monday, although it was President's Day and I would have had it off anyway but I wanted to save it for a later day. Alas.

I went to play practice Monday night anyway where a guy brought donuts and I had one. Then today, being Fat Tuesday, I had a paczki at work. And that guy brought paczki to play practice but I sensibly declined. I was still burping the one I'd had at work.

So this weekend, it's Lyle's birthday party and I hope nothing else.















1 comment:

Jake Larson said...

Your site came up in a google alert for Will Kimbrough, I see you quoted Grown Up Now from Americanitis in your blog. I also see you have a link to The Ark from your page. Did you know that Mr Kimbrough will be coming to the Ark with Rodney Crowell on April 11th? Just thought I'd let you know.